Thursday, October 28, 2010

Am I Doing This Right?

This is not a review post, in case you didn't notice. Sorry.

Confession time. I started this blog partially because I'm taking a class which requires me to get involved in social media. Part of the requirement is that I follow other blogs. So I've been searching around for other anime blogs I'd be interested in reading...and I noticed a sort of trend.

First, I noticed that everyone seems to pick a couple series (or a bunch maybe) and go thought them. Mostly they seem to do episode by episode reviews. I found one site that reviewed the first 3 episodes of a series...but that was it, everyone else does every episode.

Second, it seems everyone is focusing on the same series. Half the blogs I looked at were discussing Ore no Imouto, several were discussing Arakawa Under the Bridge, and a few were discussing some other series. There was very little variation.

So I'm asking you possibly faithful readers...am I doing this right? Would you prefer I do episode by episode on a few series at a time? Are things good this way? Does anyone currently care enough to comment?
While you're hopefully responding, are there any anime blogs you would recomend?

Also could somebody tell me what moe means? I realize I haven't been an active part of anime since I graduated high school and stopped having an anime club I found worth attending...and I'm starting to see that I'm further out of the loop than I thought.... I have heard the term moe, really...I've even asked the definition before...but I still just don't get it. What the hell is moe? I thought it had something to do with cute girls but then someone used it in reference to a guy and I'm back to being lost. Help.

Tomorrow comes Gundam 00 review. I'm hoping to watch it tonight.

2 comments:

  1. So, my old account got hacked and that's why I couldn't use it anymore. I only had it for 13ish years. I guess it was only a matter of time. Anyway to the point... I actually like the 5 episode review beacuse in my honest opinion you can determine alot in just 5 episodes. Maybe not all the characters, but enough to know what the story will be like and how it's planning to develop. Let's face it, if by episode 5, there already is a filler, how is it going to make it through 13 episodes or 26 or even 50? I don't like the single episode because if it gets to a show you don't like, you're going to loose that reader, at the very least until the end of the show. This way, it's brief and the idea is to give some idea of what will be going on. As for Gunslinger Girl, I actually liked it as well, but I have a government job and I believe it shows what we would do just all in the name of protecting the country and winning an election. Don't get me wrong, I still think it's sick and I wouldn't do it but it doesn't beat the fact that there are people like that. All in all, keep it the way you been doing it and leave it at that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for responding, and sorry to hear about your account being hacked. I picked a 5 episode review for that very reason. I also thought it would be tough for a new reader to start following the blog without wading through backposts if I did one episode reviews. Still it was disheartening to see literally every other anime blog doing it different so it's nice to know you like the 5 episode format.

    ReplyDelete